Dishwasher air gap
Dishwasher air gap is a critical component in maintaining a safe portable water supply. It prevents any contaminants in the sink from flowing into the potable water system by siphonage and is the least expensive form of back-flow prevention. The last thing anyone wants is to have a contaminated water flowing back into dishwasher.
The Amerigap brand dishwasher air gap provides many advantages over other air gaps available on the market and also insures safety and piece of mind that your water supply is not contaminated. These advantages include:
- Long body thread to accommodate any kitchen counter-top thickness
- Super strong mounting nuts that will not strip during installation
- Tested and listed for compliance with applicable plumbing codes to ensure legal installation
- Single port to accommodate drainage flow from any dishwasher
- Extra large drain port to minimize clogging
- Legal to install in any state
Dishwasher air gap is listed by UPC© and tested for compliance with IPC© and NSF© standards. A common misconception is that a “high loop” (routing a drain line above a sink’s flood level, for instance) connection will provide the same function as an air gap; this is not true, because the continuous connection between dishwasher and drain line still will allow back-flow through siphoning. To avoid portable water contamination (dirty water in your dishwasher) a dishwasher air gap must be installed for a dishwasher drainage line.
|Cap, decorative||ABS, Chrome plated|
|Washer||Black Ethylene Proplene|