SHIPPING ON NOVEMBER 5
AG200-006 Dishwasher Air Gap with Skirted Cap and Extra Long Threaded Body For Thick or Thin Kitchen Countertops
- ♥ INLET PORTS: The AG200-006 accepts standard 5/8-inch inside diameter hose from a dishwasher. The hose from dishwasher slides onto the bottom port and can be secured using a hose clamp (not included). Make sure there are no kinks in the hose and that water passes freely.
- ♥ OUTLET PORTS: The drainage side of the air gap connects to a 7/8-inch inside diameter hose, which routes discharge water to the side drain connection on the garbage disposal. This hose is available from Home Depot (search for “PVC Disposal Discharge Hose”). When installing this hose, make sure that there is no sagging or loops. Any sagging will create standing water and will restrict the proper draining of the air gap. Secure both ends of the hose with a 1-inch stainless steel hose clamp.
- ♥ THREADED BODY: The AG200-006 has a body with a long thread which enables mounting of the air gap through a thick countertop. Countertop thickness can be up to 2-1/2-inches, and it does not require any special modification to accommodate this air gap. The body of the air gap made from extra durable plastic to resists bending or deforming.
- ♥ MOUNTING NUT: The AG200-006 has a strong mounting nut that will not strip or become loose. The multi-threaded nut can be tightened without the worry of damaging threads. This configuration provides a simple and reliable installation that prevents leaks and assures trouble-free operation after the air gap is installed.
- ♥ DECORATIVE CAP: The AG200-006 comes with a standard polished chrome cap. Other caps are available to match with your kitchen sink faucet. Select the cap that is closest to the color of the faucet. Caps are sold separately.
SHIPPING ON NOVEMBER 5
A dishwasher air gap is a critical component in maintaining a clean dishwasher. It prevents contaminants in the sink from flowing into the dishwasher and is required by plumbing code in most states.
The Amerigap® brand dishwasher air gap provides many advantages over other air gaps available on the market and ensures safety and peace of mind that your water supply is clean.
A common misconception is that a “high loop” (routing a drain line above a sink’s flood level, for instance) will provide the same function as an air gap; this is not true, because the continuous connection between dishwasher and drain line still will allow back-flow of dirty water through siphoning.
This air gap is simple to use and legal to install in any state. The AG200-006 air gap is listed by UPC® and tested for compliance with IPC® and NSF® standards.
|Cap, decorative||ABS, Chrome plated|
|Washer||Black Ethylene Proplene|