AG140-001 Water Softener Air Gap for installation in Washing Machine box with 2-inch Drainpipe
- ♥ EASY TO CONNECT: The AG140-001 air gap has 1/2-inch OD inlet port that is designed to fit 1/2-inch schedule 40 PVC slip fitting with O-ring. It is designed to fit into recessed washing machine outlet boxes with 2 inches drainpipe. The AG140-001 allows space for washer drain hook or soft rubber washer hose.
- ♥ STANDPIPE CONNECTION: The AG140-001 comes with a 2 inches PVC mounting base that fits into a recessed washing machine box with 2 inches drainpipe. To ensure easy vertical wall mounting, the AG140-001 comes with a Jiffy Clip specially for that purpose. The air gap is tested at 15 gallons per minute and recommended usage is 7 gallons per minute.
- ♥ SPLASH PROTECTION: The AG140-001 air gap uses splash guards to assure a completely dry operation. Splash guards are an integral part of the design and can be seen through the side air gap window. During water softener operation, an initial discharge surge can create splashing. Splash shield eliminates the possibility of water splashing outside of the air gap. When designing drainage for an air gap, makes sure that P-trap is located minimum 20-inches from the top of the standpipe.
- ♥ QUIET OPERATION: When water exits the air gap, depending on the design, it may flow directly into a P-trap. This can create splashing noise that may be objectionable. The AG140-001 air gap is designed with a flow straightener to quiet and smooth out turbulent flow. Also, to avoid excessive noise, it is recommended to use 22 degrees elbow inline with standpipe to avoid direct drainage to P-trap. The pipe elbow should be located at least 12 inches from the air gap to eliminate splashback.
- ♥ CERTIFICATION: The AG140-001 is legal to install in any state. It is UPC® (Uniform Plumbing Code) Listed, IPC® (International Plumbing Code) and NSF® (National Sanitation Foundation) tested. These certifications assure that every product is safe to use. Also, all of the products are tested for strength and to make sure that every glue joint will withstand at least 40lb of force and not break. The testing is conducted for every manufactured lot to ensure consistent performance.
The AG140 series water softener air gaps are designed to share the drain with a washing machine. Water softeners are typically located near the laundry facilities in the garage, basement or in the laundry room for convenient access to the house drainage piping.
The important feature of this air gap is its ability to share a drain with a washing machine drain hose. It is easy to use and legal to install in any state. The AG140 series air gap is listed by UPC and tested for compliance with IPC and NSF standards.