AG130-001 Dual Air Gap for Water Softener and Reverse Osmosis with 1-1/2 inch and 3/8 or 1/4-inch inlets, 1-1/2 or 2-inch Standpipe
- ♥ EASY TO CONNECT: Gap-Cap® air gap (AG130-001) has 1/2-inch OD inlet port for 1/2-inch PVC pipe connection. The 1/2-inch inlet accommodates any 1/2-inch slip joint adapters including a threaded end, barb connection, and a quick connect for PEX tubing. The same inlet accommodates 5/8-inch OD tubing that can be directly inserted into the inlet. A 3/8-inch inlet port is provided for RO systems. This port can accommodate both 3/8-inch poly-tubing and 1/4-inch poly-tubing with included adapter.
- ♥ STANDPIPE CONNECTION: Gap-Cap air gap (AG130-001) inserts directly into the 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch standpipes. The body of the air gap provides stops to ensure secure placement. This air gap can be used with plastic or metal standpipes. If needed, it can be glued in place with plastic standpipes using regular PVC adhesive. The air gap outlet is designed to pass up to 7 gallons per minute. The optimum recommended flow rate is 4-5 gallons per minute.
- ♥ SPLASH PROTECTION: The AG130-001 air gap uses splash guards to assure a completely dry operation. Splash guards are an integral part of the design and can be seen through the side air gap window. During water softener operation, an initial discharge surge can create splashing. Splash shield eliminates the possibility of water splashing outside of the air gap. When designing drainage for an air gap, makes sure that P-trap is located minimum 20-inches from the top of the standpipe.
- ♥ QUIET OPERATION: When water exits the air gap, depending on the design, it may flow directly into a P-trap. This can create splashing noise that may be objectionable. To avoid excessive noise, it is recommended to use 22 degrees elbow inline with standpipe to avoid direct drainage to P-trap. The pipe elbow should be located at least 12 inches from the air gap to eliminate splashback.
- ♥ CERTIFICATION: The AG130-001 is legal to install in any state. It is UPC® (Uniform Plumbing Code) Listed, IPC® (International Plumbing Code) and NSF® (National Sanitation Foundation) tested. These certifications assure that every product is safe to use. Also, all of the products are tested for strength and to make sure that every glue joint will withstand at least 40lb of force and not break. The testing is conducted for every manufactured lot to ensure consistent performance.
The AG130-001, dual inlet air gap is designed to simultaneously provide water drainage for a water softener and reverse osmosis (RO) water filter. The combination of water softener drain and RO drain, provides a simple and effective solution for accommodating both devices. The water softener port accepts 5/8-inch OD poly tubing or 1/2-inch ID PVC slip joint. The RO port accepts 3/8-inch OD poly tubing directly and 1/4-inch OD poly tube with included 3/8-inch tube adapter.
This air gap is easy to install and fits both 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch standpipes. The AG130-001 air gap is listed by UPC and tested for compliance with IPC and NSF standards.