AG100-001 Universal Air Gap for Water Softeners and Filters with 1/2-inch OD or 5/8-inch ID Inlet Port and 1-1/2-inch or 2-inch Drainpipe Outlet
- ♥ EASY TO CONNECT: Mr. Drain air gap (AG100-001) has 1/2-inch OD inlet port for direct 1/2-inch PVC pipe connection. The 1/2-inch inlet accommodates any 1/2-inch slip joint adapters. The adapters include a threaded end, barb connection, and a quick connect for PEX tubing. Also, the inlet accommodates 5/8-inch OD tubing that can be directly inserted into the inlet. For tubing to stay in place, it needs to be attached to a support structure within 12-18 inches from the inlet port.
- ♥ STANDPIPE CONNECTION: Mr. Drain air gap (AG100-001) inserts directly into the 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch standpipes. The body of the air gap provides stops to assure secure placement. This air gap can be used with plastic or metal standpipes. If needed, it can be glued in place with plastic standpipes using regular PVC adhesive. The air gap outlet is designed to pass up to 15 gallons per minute. The optimum recommended flow rate is 7 gallons per minute.
- ♥ SPLASH PROTECTION: The AG100-001 air gap uses splash guards to assure a completely dry operation. Splash guards are an integral part of the design and can be seen through the side air gap window. During water softener operation, an initial discharge surge can create splashing. Splash shield eliminates the possibility of water splashing outside of the air gap. When designing drainage for an air gap, makes sure that P-trap is located minimum 20-inches from the top of the standpipe.
- ♥ QUIET OPERATION: When water exits the air gap, depending on the design, it may flow directly into a P-trap. This can create splashing noise that may be objectionable. To avoid excessive noise, it is recommended to use 22 degrees elbow inline with standpipe to avoid direct drainage to P-trap. The pipe elbow should be located at least 12 inches from the air gap to eliminate splashback. If an elbow is not an option for your application, we can provide a flow deflector.
- ♥ CERTIFICATION: The AG100-001 is legal to install in any state. It is UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) Listed, IPC (International Plumbing Code) and NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) tested. These certifications assure that every product is safe to use. Also, all of the products are tested for strength and to make sure that every glue joint will withstand at least 40lb of force and not break. The testing is conducted for every manufactured lot to ensure consistent performance.
The AG100-001 Universal Air Gap is designed to provide an effective way of connecting water softeners and water filters to 1-1/2 and 2-inch drain lines.
The AG100-001 features a single inlet port that connects 1/2-inch piping or 5/8-inch tubing from a water softener or filter to the drain line. The unique feature of this air gap is able to accommodate 1-1/2-inch, and 2-inch standpipe drains with ease. Also, a unique design of this air gap enables the installation of multiple air gaps into the same drain connection. Up to 3 AG100-001s can be installed into the same drainpipe to provide a total of six simultaneous water discharge connections.
The AG100-001 uses a special plastic material that provides a secure connection between piping, tubing, and drain line.
The AG100-001 air gap is listed by UPC© and tested for compliance with IPC© and NSF© standards.