AG200-005 Dual Air Gap for Dishwasher and Reverse Osmosis Filters
- ♥ INLET PORTS: The AG200-005 accepts a standard 5/8-inch inside diameter hose from a dishwasher and a 1/4-inch outside diameter tubing from Reverses Osmosis filter. The hose from the dishwasher slides onto the side port and can be secured using a worm clamp (not included). The RO tubing connects to a push-in quick-connect adapter. Make sure there are no kinks in the hose and that water passes freely. This air gap is compatible with all dishwashers and RO filters.
- ♥ OUTLET PORTS: The drainage side of the air gap connects to a 7/8-inch inside diameter hose, which routes discharge water to the side drain connection on the garbage disposal. This hose is available from Home Depot (search for “PVC Disposal Discharge Hose”). When installing this hose, make sure that there is no sagging or loops. Any sagging will create standing water and will restrict the proper draining of the air gap. Secure both ends of the hose with a 1-inch stainless steel worm clamp.
- ♥ THREADED BODY: The AG200-005 has a body with a thread which enables mounting of the air gap through a standard countertop. Countertop thickness can be up to 2-1/2-inches, and it does not require any special modification to accommodate this air gap. The body of the air gap made from extra durable plastic to resists bending or deforming.
- ♥ MOUNTING NUT: The AG200-005 has a strong mounting nut that will not strip or become loose. The multi-threaded nut can be tightened without the worry of damaging threads. This configuration provides a simple and reliable installation that prevents leaks and assures trouble-free operation after the air gap is installed.
- ♥ DECORATIVE CAP: The AG200-005 comes with a standard polished chrome cap. Other caps are available to match with your kitchen sink faucet. Select the cap that is closest to the color of the faucet. Caps are sold separately.
A dishwasher air gap is a critical component in maintaining a safe water supply. It prevents contaminants in the sink from flowing into the dishwasher and is required by code in most states.
The Amerigap brand dual air gap provides two inlet ports for simultaneous drainage of discharge water from a single dishwasher and a reverse osmosis filter. The combination of two air gaps in one provides an easy way to connect the RO system into the drainage system safely.
This air gap is easy to use and legal to install in any state. The AG200-005 air gap is listed by UPC® and tested for compliance with IPC® and NSF® standards.
|Cap, decorative||ABS, Chrome plated|
|Washer||Black Ethylene Proplene|