AG150-001 Inline air gap with 1/4-inch FIP or 1/2-inch Thread Inlet and 5/8-inch Compression Fitting or 3/4-inch Thread Outlet
- ♥ EASY TO CONNECT: Gap-A-Flo® air gap (AG150-001) has a 1/4-inch FIP or 1/2-inch MIP threaded inlet and 5/8-inch compression fitting OD outlet with 3/4-inch thread outlet connection. The inlet accommodates 1/4-inch FIP or 1/2-inch threaded PVC adapters, while the outlet can accommodate 3/8-inch FIP, 3/4-inch threaded PVC adapters, or 5/8 OD tubing. The convenient design of the AG150-001 allows it to be tilted at any angle down as low as 45 degrees.
- ♥ STANDPIPE CONNECTION: Gap-A-Flo air gap (AG150-001) is a gravity flow device and must have an outlet poly tubing feeding directly to a drain without kinks or bends. It can be oriented in any way between 45 degrees and vertical with inlet port elevated above the outlet port. To ensure easy wall mounting, a Jiffy Clip clamp is included with the air gap. The air gap outlet is tested at 15 gallons per minute, and recommended use is 7 gallons per minute.
- ♥ SPLASH PROTECTION: The AG150-001 air gap uses rotating splash guards to assure a completely dry operation. Splash guards are an integral part of the design and can be seen through the side air gap window. During water softener operation, an initial discharge surge can create splashing. Splash shield eliminates the possibility of water splashing outside of the air gap. When designing drainage for an air gap, makes sure that P-trap is located minimum 20-inches from the top of the standpipe.
- ♥ QUIET OPERATION: When water exits the air gap, depending on the design, it may flow directly into a P-trap. This can create splashing noise that may be objectionable. To avoid excessive noise, it is recommended to use 22 degrees elbow inline with standpipe to avoid direct drainage to P-trap. The pipe elbow should be located at least 12 inches from the air gap to eliminate splashback.
- ♥ CERTIFICATION: The AG150-001 is legal to install in any state. It is UPC® (Uniform Plumbing Code) Listed, IPC® (International Plumbing Code) and NSF® (National Sanitation Foundation) tested. These certifications assure that every product is safe to use. The testing is conducted for every manufactured lot to ensure consistent performance.
The AG150-001 Universal Inline Air Gap is designed to isolate potable water supply from drainage water. It can be used for RO filter systems, water softeners, well water filters, boilers or with any other equipment that requires an air gap discharge to the drain. This air gap is perfect for applications where a rigid Schedule-40 pipe must be plumbed to an approved air gap device.
The AG150-001 is the only air gap that can be installed at up to 45 degrees angle if necessary. A rotating air gap shield is provided to completely protect air gap from debris ingress, which can cause air gap malfunctioning.
This air gap is easy to use and legal to install in any state. The AG150-001 air gap is listed by UPC and tested for compliance with IPC and NSF standards.