AG100-002 Universal Dual Air Gap with Dual 3/8-inch OD Ports
- ♥ EASY TO CONNECT: The AG100-002 air gap has two 3/8-inch OD inlet port for direct 3/8-inch ID poly tube connection. Both inlets can drain water simultaneously without interfering with each other. Since an air gap is a non-pressurized device, very little pressure is exerted on the tubing connected to the air gap. To minimize the movement of tubes connected to the air gap, it is recommended that tubes are secured to a supporting structure using clamps within 18 inches from the air gap.
- ♥ STANDPIPE CONNECTION: The AG100-002 air gap inserts directly into the 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch standpipes. The body of the air gap provides stops to assure secure placement. This air gap can be used with plastic or metal standpipes. If needed, it can be glued in place to plastic standpipes using regular PVC adhesive. The air gap outlet is designed to pass up to 8 gallons per minute. The optimum recommended flow rate is 5 gallons per minute.
- ♥ SPLASH PROTECTION: The AG100-002 air gap uses splash guards to assure a completely dry operation. Splash guards are an integral part of the design and can be seen through the side air gap window. During water softener operation, an initial discharge surge can create splashing. Splash shield eliminates the possibility of water splashing outside of the air gap. When designing drainage for an air gap, makes sure that P-trap is located minimum 20-inches from the top of the standpipe.
- ♥ QUIET OPERATION: When water exits the air gap, depending on the design, it may flow directly into a P-trap. This can create splashing noise that may be objectionable. To avoid excessive noise, it is recommended to use 22 degrees elbow inline with standpipe to avoid direct drainage to P-trap. The pipe elbow should be located at least 12 inches from the air gap to eliminate splashback. If an elbow is not an option for your application, we can provide a flow deflector.
- ♥ CERTIFICATION: The AG100-002 is legal to install in any state. It is UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code) Listed, IPC (International Plumbing Code) and NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) tested. These certifications assure that every product is safe to use. Also, all of the products are tested for strength and to make sure that every glue joint will withstand at least 40lb of force and not break. The testing is conducted for every manufactured lot to ensure consistent performance.
The AG100-002 Universal Dual Air Gap is designed to provide an effective way of connecting water filters to a drain line. The paramount priority of this air gap is to protect the water supply. The AG100-002 easily connects iron filters, reverse osmosis filters, or boilers purge lines to a standpipe through a code-compliant airgap. It also can be used for condensate drainage from air-conditions, or sump pumps.
The AG100-002 air gap features two inlet ports that connect 3/8-inch ID tubing from water filters to the drain line. The unique feature of this air gap is to be able to accommodate 1-1/2-inch and 2-inch stand drainpipes. Also, a unique design of this air gap enables the installation of multiple air gaps into the same drain connection. Up to three AG100-002s can be installed into the same drain line to provide a total of six simultaneous water discharge connections.
The AG100-002 air gap provides a secure connection between the discharge tubing and a drain line.
The AG100-002 air gap drain adapter is listed by UPC® and tested for compliance with IPC® and NSF® standards.