ET200-004 Dual Air Gap for a Dishwasher Without Cover and Fitting
- ♥ INLET PORTS: The ET200-004 is a universal air gap with one fixed 5/8-inch inside diameter barb port for a hose from a dishwasher and a second 1/2-inch threaded port. The hose from the dishwasher slides onto the 5/8-inch port and can be secured using a worm clamp (not included). The second port can accommodate any PVC 1/2-adapters. Make sure there are no kinks in the hose and that water passes freely. This air gap is compatible with all single and dual dishwashers and Reverse Osmosis filter systems.
- ♥ OUTLET PORTS: The drainage side of the air gap connects to a 7/8-inch inside diameter hose, which routes discharge water to the side drain connection on the garbage disposal. This hose is available from Home Depot (search for “PVC Disposal Discharge Hose”). When installing this hose, make sure that there is no sagging or loops. Any sagging will create standing water and will restrict the proper draining of the air gap. Secure both ends of the hose with a 1-inch stainless steel worm clamp.
- ♥ THREADED BODY: The ET200-004 has a body with a long thread which enables mounting of the air gap through a standard countertop. Countertop thickness can be up to 1-3/4-inches, and it does not require any special modification to accommodate this air gap. The body of the air gap made from extra durable plastic to resists bending or deforming.
- ♥ MOUNTING NUT: The ET200-004 has a strong mounting nut that will not strip or become loose. The multi-threaded nut can be tightened without the worry of damaging threads. This configuration provides a simple and reliable installation that prevents leaks and assures trouble-free operation after the air gap is installed.
- ♥ DECORATIVE CAP: The ET200-004 comes with a standard polished chrome cap. Other caps are available to match with your kitchen sink faucet. Select the cap that is closest to the color of the faucet. Caps are sold separately.
A dishwasher air gap is a critical component in maintaining a safe water supply. It prevents contaminants in the sink from flowing into the dishwasher and is required by code in most states.
The ET200-004 dual air gap provides many advantages over other air gaps available on the market and also ensures safety and peace of mind that your water supply is clean.
A common misconception is that a “high loop” (routing a drain line above a sink’s flood level, for instance) and a wye connection will provide the same function as an air gap; this is not true, because uninterrupted hose between dishwasher discharge port and drain line will still allow back-flow through siphoning.
This air gap is easy to use and legal to install in any state. The ET200-004 air gap is listed by UPC® and tested for compliance with IPC® and NSF® standards.