Dishwasher air gap with RO port
Dishwasher air gap is a critical component in maintaining a safe portable water supply. It prevents any contaminants in the sink from flowing into the potable water system by siphonage and is the least expensive form of back-flow prevention. The last thing anyone wants is to have a contaminated water flowing back into the dishwasher.
The Amerigap brand air gap provides many advantages over other air gaps available on the market and also provides safety and piece of mind that your water supply is protected. These advantages include:
- Long body thread to accommodate any kitchen countertop thickness
- Super strong mounting nuts that will not strip during installation
- Tested and listed for compliance with applicable plumbing codes to ensure legal installation
- Has dual ports to accommodate a dishwasher and an RO filter drain lines
- Has extra large drain port to minimize clogging
- Legal to install in any state
Dishwasher air gap with RO port is listed by UPC© and tested for compliance with IPC© and NSF© standards. A common misconception is that a “high loop” (routing a drain line above a sink’s flood level, for instance) will provide the same function as a dishwasher air gap; this is not true, because the continuous connection between dishwasher and drain line still will allow back-flow through siphoning. To avoid portable water contamination (dirty water in your dishwasher) a certified dishwasher air gap must be installed for every dishwasher and reverse osmosis drain line.